The rose is a flower full of symbolism both in the Tarot as in the different cultures. The rose is the sacred flower of the West that, with its 5 petals, symbolizes the 5 senses that the individual uses to contact the outside world: sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch. Let’s see the symbolism and mystical properties of the rose…
In Tarot we can find the image of a rose represented in several cards such as The Magician, The Priest, the IV of Wands, and the Queen of Oros, among others. In all of them it symbolizes these 5 senses of the human being that allow us to get in touch with our environment. They are the bridge to the outside and open a range of infinite possibilities
This beautiful and passionate flower is also equivalent in its symbolism to the heart which, in turn, is considered the spiritual center of the Being. The rose in different cultures is linked to love, passion, eroticism and courage.
It is also the flower linked to feminine or yin energy since its 5 petals represent the 5 possible states of a woman’s life: birth, menstruation, childbirth, menopause and death. For this reason, the rose is considered to be an enhancer of femininity and intuition.
Mystical properties of the rose
Roses have multiple properties that have been used since ancient times. Among them, the following stand out:
- It enhances intuition, the development of emotions and feelings, and love. It is the flower par excellence linked to feminine energy.
- It allows to connect with the spirituality of the Being with its 5 petals that represent the 5 senses of the human being.
Ritual with rose petals to foster love in your life
This ritual is used to awaken in you love for yourself and others. To be well with our environment, we must first be well with ourselves.
We propose the following bath to eliminate your negative charges, attract positivity and love. It is a moment for you, to relax and charge yourself with new energy full of love.
“Self-love is the only way to reach a mature and elevated bond. When inner beliefs are fought for, authentic desires manifest.” – La Biblioteca de Esoterismos, Tarot
Ingredients for the rose petals ritual
- Rose petals: to connect with your emotions and feelings. The petals of this flower stimulate the connection with our intuition and sexual desire.
- Cinnamon: to attract luck, love and abundance. It also has aphrodisiac properties.
- Your perfume
- A white or red candle
Steps to follow in the ritual with rose petals
- Boil water including rose petals and cinnamon. When it has boiled, turn off the heat and add a little honey and a few drops of your perfume. Let it stand and cool and strain it.
- Light a candle in your bathroom. We recommend that the candle is either red to connect with your passion and intuition or white to purify and bring calm.
- Include the liquid generated in your bathtub or pour it over yourself in the shower. As you do this, think about why you love yourself. Reflect on all the good it has in you and feel it. You can accompany your bath or shower with Himalayan Salt to cleanse your energy and eliminate any negative energy.
- When you have finished this moment for yourself, gently towel dry yourself. Blow out the candle and give thanks to the Universe, to yourself for this special moment and to whomever you wish. Give thanks by clasping both hands together. The right hand represents your conscious side and the left hand represents your unconscious side. By joining them together, you are thanking the Universe or whomever you wish with your whole being.